Tour Terms and Conditions
2016-17 TOUR BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
We advise you to read the following Booking Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions form the basis of the tour agreement between you and Helibike.com Ltd (t/a A2O Cycle Tours, West Coast Wilderness Cycle Tours, Around the Mountains Cycle Tours and Not a Rail Trail). The 2016/17 season commences September 2016 and ends May 2017.
1. How to make a booking
All our scheduled tours are guaranteed departure once we have a minimum of 4 people. Your place is reserved on a tour when you have paid the non-refundable deposit of $400 per person. That place is not guaranteed until there are a minimum of 4 people who have paid in full and we have also received your payment in full.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or bank deposit. The balance of your tour money is payable at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. Your place on the tour will not be guaranteed if you have not paid in full by this date.
Direct credit payments should be made to:
Helibike.com Ltd, ANZ, Bank Account Number 06-0869-0319376-00
(Please reference the Tour Date and your Surname)
3. Cancellations and Refund Policy
If for any reason you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify Helibike.com Ltd in writing. The date of cancellation will be the date we receive your written cancellation and will be subject to:
- If cancellation occurs more than 60 days before the departure date, you will forfeit your deposit.
- If cancellation occurs between 60 to 30 days prior to departure, you will forfeit 50% of the full tour price.
- If cancellation occurs within 30 days of departure, you will forfeit 100% of the tour price.
- A no-show for your tour means you will forfeit 100% of the tour price.
If the trip is cancelled by us, we’ll try and rearrange your trip for another day. If this is not suitable for you, you will get a full refund.
4. Transfers to Another Tour
In some circumstances, it may be possible to transfer from one tour to another. In this situation, you must first confirm with us that the transfer is possible, then notify Helibike.com Ltd in writing of your request. The following terms will apply:
- If your notice is received more than 30 days prior to your original departure a $100 administration fee will apply.
- If your notice is received within 30 to 15 days of your original departure date, $500 of your original tour price will be forfeited and the remainder transferred to the departure nominated by you.
- If your notice is received within 14 days of your original departure date, you will be unable to transfer and must forfeit your original booking and rebook on the new tour.
- You are only able to transfer to another tour departing within 1 season of your original tour. You will need to pay any difference in price.
Helibike.com Ltd reserves the right to amend tour prices at any time up to 60 days before the departure date due to circumstances beyond our control. You will be advised in writing.
6. Travel insurance
We recommend full personal travel insurance for all of our tours.
7. Tour Itinerary
Helibike.com Ltd reserves the right to change tour departure times, routes and accommodation options to ensure client safety and satisfaction. A proportion of your tour fee will be refunded if your trip has to be shortened by us.
8. Cancellation by Helibike.com Ltd
Helibike.com Ltd reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure. If you are unable to transfer on to another tour, you will be given a full refund of payments you have made to Helibike.com Ltd. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage or for any loss of money or time that may result from the cancellation. We advise you to take out suitable Travel Insurance.
In order to gain the most enjoyment from your holiday, we advise that you make sure you are bike fit for your trip. This means you are capable to cycling at a reasonable pace on undulating ground for several hours a day, several days running.
- You must be in reasonable health. If you are unsure, please advise us of your concerns BEFORE making your final payment.
- We will insist on all clients completing a health declaration prior to the commencement of the tour.
- Helibike.com Ltd reserves the right to withdraw any person from a tour for safety reasons. You will not be entitled to a refund if this happens and you have not declared relevant information to us in advance.
10. Force Majeure
If Helibike.com Ltd is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or any other cause whatsoever outside Helibike.com Ltds’ reasonable control, Helibike.com Ltd will be under no liability to you and may, at its option, by written notice, either cancel the tour and issue a full refund, or make alternative tour arrangements as required.
11. Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- Helibike.com Ltd employs third party suppliers to provide services such as, but not limited to, your food, accommodation and bikes and that your right of action in regard to any shortcoming of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against Helibike.com Ltd.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person from a tour, who in our opinion, is likely to endanger themselves or others.
- We also reserve the right to cancel any activity on the grounds of safety.
- You must follow the instructions of your guide and use any safety equipment provided at all times and accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with your proposed tour and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
12. Liability Waiver
In consideration of Helibike.com Ltd accepting your booking, you:
Release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Helibike.com Ltd and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives and the land management authorities in New Zealand from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the wilful negligence or wrongful act of Helibike.com Ltd and its employees. Regardless of the situation of circumstances giving rise to the claim, you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Helibike.com Ltd and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Helibike.com Ltd and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This is subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 if booking in NZ. If sections of the Act do apply Helibike.com Ltds’ liability is limited to resupplying the services or paying the costs of resupplying the services, whichever is the lesser.
WARNING: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured and/or suffer disruption in your travel arrangements. Helibike.com Ltd holds a current public liability insurance policy covering all tours advertised by Helibike.com Ltd.
The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Helibike.com Ltd. However, in the unlikely event of an accident, acceptance of these terms and conditions allows us to provide any special medical or personal information you have given us to the medical or emergency services personnel.
Your booking and all operations undertaken by Helibike.com Ltd are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
You will be sent a copy of these current Terms and Conditions with your booking. Please read them carefully.
Last Updated 10th April 2016.